This summer, I’m all about displaying my fresh cut flowers in fun and unexpected new ways. This quick and easy DIY works with any kind of wine or beer bottle (got some of those kicking around from the long weekend perhaps?) and instantly brings a mod vibe to any room. I love the look of a single bloom, but you could most definitely round-up 3 or 4 bottles for a bigger impact. If you’re ready to turn your recyclables into where’d-you-get-that? awesomeness, then follow these super simple steps.
– 1 beer or wine bottle
– 1 can spray paint (I used matte white, but any colour will do). You can tell I’m a big fan of DIY’s involving spray paint here and here.
– drop cloth or other surface to work on
– a single bloom of your most favourite summer flower
– peel any paper labels off of your beer bottle(s)
– thoroughly wash and dry entire bottle
– set up your work surface outside to limit spray paint fume headaches and general irreparable mistakes
– place bottle upside down on stable work surface
– coat bottle with several layers of spray paint until you reach desired coverage (allowing each layer to dry thoroughly between sprays)
– when bottle is dry to the touch, flip ‘er back up, fill with water, and drop in your bloom!
Looking at a wine bottle right now left over from the long weekend actually! Definitely going to try this out once I finally get my hands on some spray paint :-)
Yes! Spray paint is a beginner crafter’s best friend :)