Happy Monday, friends! If you’ve been following along for some time now, you know that I’m a big fan of all-natural DIY beauty treatments (evidence here, here and here). And since I turned the big 3-0 this past weekend (yikes!) I figure the time has come to throw a little face mask into the mix. I love any recipe that includes items I already have in my kitchen, and this one (with just two ingredients) was so simple to put together that I have no excuse not to do this on a regular basis. Lemons are like super fruits for the face and have been known to remove blackheads, lighten dark spots, soak up oil, cleanse and soothe skin all at once. Honey helps to smooth, moisturize and promote a healthy glow (did you know it’s also the world’s only natural food that never goes bad!?). Together, these two make one bad ass combo for your skin, so let’s get started!
– the juice of half a lemon
– 1 tbsp honey (raw organic is best)
– mix lemon and honey in a small mixing bowl
– fill your kettle with water and bring to a boil
-transfer hot water to a stainless steel or heat safe bowl and stand above it, allowing the steam to open your pores – this will prep your skin for the face mask
– apply lemon and honey mixture all over your face, avoiding the eye area (lemon juice + eyes = bad). You’ll want to do this over the sink as the mixture is quite liquidy
– allow mixture to soak in for 15 – 30 minutes (the longer the better – you’ll feel it tighten as it dries)
– wash away with warm water, pat dry with a towel and finish with your favorite moisturizer
– repeat every few weeks for a healthy glow!