Oh man, I’m exactly one week away from my move to LA and life has gone in to Mach 10 speed; work, packing, goodbye dinners, packing, emails, packing, stressing, packing…you get the idea. Let’s just say I’ve entirely traded coffee for herbal tea this past week and yet I still feel like I’m on 10 shots of espresso at all times. In the midst of all this tom foolery I call grownup life, there just isn’t the time for the artful dinners I so fondly enjoy preparing. There’s no slow-roasting, no hors d’oeuvres and cocktails BEFORE dinner, and there’s certainly no damn time to make a salad dressing! What do you think this is? A summer resort for sloths!?
The burrito salad is the perfect solution for those nights when you can’t bring yourself to order takeout sushi one more time, but you have no intention of doing anything in the kitchen that involves a utensil more sophisticated than a fork. Do you enjoy the exotic flavours of Mexican food? Is your life in disarray? Have a burrito salad!
– 1 can black beans
– lettuce, shredded
– tomatoes, diced
– avocado, diced
– cheddar cheese, grated
– sour cream
– shredded chicken (this would be an excellent addition, but who has time for that kind of luxury!?)
– get a big old salad bowl and add shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, diced avocado and black beans (amounts are entirely based on how many people you are feeding over this 5 minute span, so just eyeball it – I believe in you)
– grate desired amount of cheese on top of salad
– add a spoonful or two of salsa, and one or two of sour cream (again, using your powers of salad judgment)
– mix it all up and that’s a burrito salad! You will be amazed at how delish it is for how insanely easy it is to make. Promise.
Pingback: Avocado Cup Salad | Mint Sprinkles