It’s been one of those weeks that has just draaaaagged on. I kept thinking it was Tuesday on Monday, Wednesday on Tuesday, Thursday on…well, you get the point. It may have had something to do with the prolonged and persistent mix of drilling, grass cutting, power washing and fire alarm testing going on in my home slash office or it could be the string of cloudy days and (gasp!) rain we experienced yesterday getting me down. But alas, it’s Friday! Time for some much-needed weekend naps, movies and coffee breaks. Bring. It on.
On a related note, I decided to dedicate this instalment of Friday Faves to LA. I’ve been really sticking to my neighborhood comfort zone lately and I thought these lists of great spots scattered about the city would inspire me to get back into the exploring mood. Bookmark these lists for this weekend if you’re in town, or for your next west coast trip if not!
1. The 10 Best Chocolate Chip Cookies in LA according to Cupcakes and Cashmere.
2. The Thrillist’s 67 Boozy Brunches by neighborhood.
3. Dreamy hidden (and local) hideaways from Damsel in Dior.
4. The LA Weekly guide to afternoon tea in LA.
5. Candy crazy: the 8 best shops in the city according to Refinery29.
6. Top spots for vintage shopping from RackedLA.