While the sun is still shining here in LA, there has been a distinct chill in the air in the evenings which has got me pulling out my chunky sweaters, wool caps and cozy fall recipes. Among them is this Hot Tea and Apple Toddy which warms the soul with a kick of bourbon and a twist of apple and lemon. It’s the perfect sidekick to a chill night in with great friends, board games and a roaring fireplace. Enjoy the weekend!
– 1 tea bag (I used green tea)
– 1 oz bourbon (I recommend Bulleit)
– 1.5 oz apple cider
– 1 lemon
– Boil water and pour over tea bag into glass
– Allow tea to steep for 2-3 minutes and discard tea bag
– Add splash of cider and splash of bourbon
– Squeeze in juice of half the lemon
– Stir and garnish with lemon slices and sip in a cozy spot!
Recipe above makes one cocktail. Not a drinker? Get the same soothing flavor by simply skipping the bourbon.
This is going to be my new drink! It’s freezing here in Toronto!
This sounds divine, especially as another Canadian. ^ Montreal is freezing too.
You know how I love my tea. This will be a change for sure. We just gave in and turned the heat on!