“So, OK, I don’t want to be a traitor to my generation and all”, but there’s something about the music of the 50s and 60s that’s just lacking in music today. And in good times and bad, I love to break out these oldies to put a smile on my face; they just ooze sunshine, milkshakes and happy wiggles. On a long weekend, there’s no better way to kick back and enjoy a freebie day. Here are my song picks to make up the perfect Golden Oldies playlist. Throw it on while painting your toe nails in the backyard, enjoying a glass of wine while cooking a gourmet feast, or cruising through the city with the convertible top down.
1. Signed, Sealed, Delivered – Stevie Wonder
2. Ain’t Too Proud to Beg – The Temptations
3. Respect – Aretha Franklin
4. Got to be Real – Cheryl Lynn
4. Build Me Up Buttercup – The Foundations
5. (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher – Jackie Wilson
6. Baby Love – The Supremes
7. Be my Baby – The Ronettes
8. Tracks of My Tears – Smokey Robinson & The Miracles
9. Easy – Commodores
10. To Sir With Love – Lulu
11. You Send Me – Sam Cooke
12. Sitting on the Dock of the Bay – Otis Redding
Long Weekend Playlist: Golden Oldies
It is clear that you were raised right!! Any Motown Moment is the stuff of happiness and indelible memories that connect us all. Keep on listening and dancing.