A few weeks back, I came across these awesome little pear-shaped glass bottles and knew I’d find a great use for them one of these days. So yesterday, when I took a quick stroll to the Melrose Place farmer’s market to pick out some fresh fruits and veggies and a bundle of colorful flowers to complement the extended summer we’ve been experiencing, I scooped up some jalapeños, rosemary, garlic, and olive oil for this super quick DIY.
- one large bottle of olive oil
- one or a few glass bottles with cap(s) or stopper(s)
- craft paper and string for gift labels (optional)
- wash and dry glass bottles thoroughly
- drop the flavor ingredient(s) into each bottle (it’s OK to cut pieces to fit if need be)
- fill the bottles to the top with good quality extra virgin olive oil
- add cute homemade labels to give them as gifts or keep them for your own cooking and salad dressings!
Some other flavor ideas: basil, lemon, chili flakes, peppercorn, thyme, tarragon, cilantro, dill, cinnamon, or mint.