If you are a regular Mint Sprinkles reader, then you know I’ve been on a bit of a chickpea kick lately; incorporating them in to, well, anything I can. When I attended a wedding quite a while ago that served crispy spicy chickpeas as a bar snack, I was obsessed with recreating them at home as either a lovely little topper for a salad or as part of a killer nut mix. Don’t know what took me so long, but I finally got around to it this weekend and much to my surprise, they were insanely simple to make. Once they are cooled, you can keep them in a Tupperware or sandwich bag for up to a couple of days.
– 2 cans chickpeas
– 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
– 1 teaspoon cumin
– 1 teaspoon cayenne
– 1 teaspoon chili powder
– 1 teaspoon sea salt
– preheat oven to 400 degrees
– drain liquid from each can of chickpeas and lay them out on a rimmed baking sheet
– drizzle chickpeas with olive oil
– coat oiled chickpeas with salt and spices
– toss them up until they are all evenly coated
– pop in the oven for 35 – 45 minutes, stirring once at around the 20 minute mark
– the object is for these little babies to be extra crispy so don’t be shy to taste test leave them in the oven a little longer until they hit their desired crispness
– enjoy as a pre-dinner snack with a pint of your favorite beer!