No, that is not a typo. I put a ‘z’ instead of an ‘s’ on spaghetti because this is no ordinary spaghetti dish. In fact, this is a spaghetti dish that doesn’t even involve spaghetti. Woah! I know…
This ultra healthy version of spaghetti and meatballs swaps pasta for zucchini noodles and tops it off with fresh tomato sauce and delicious turkey meatballs. OK, let’s eat!
– 1-2 medium zucchinis per person
– Fresh tomato sauce (I like this recipe)
– Homemade turkey meatballs (I cheated just a touch and grabbed some ready-made from Trader Joe’s – come on, it’s a weeknight! This is also a great recipe for making them yourself)
– Bonus: freshly grated parmesan or crumbled feta cheese to garnish
– Rinse zucchini and pat to dry.
– Hold zucchini upright and using a vegetable peeler, slowly peel along the length of the zucchini to create long strands, continue with each zucchini until all are peeled. Now you have zucchini noodles!
– Place zucchini noodles in a shallow stainless steel pan and cover with lid. Turn burner on low heat and leave zucchini to steam slightly from 10-15 minutes.
– In the mean time, heat tomato sauce (either homemade, or your favorite jarred variety – no shame) and turkey meatballs on the stovetop.
– Using tongs, place zucchini noodles in a pasta bowl and spoon meatballs and sauce overtop. Serve and eat!
– Yum :)
Looks gorgeous! I really want to try this :)
Reblogged this on Style Prosperity and commented:
When I was in LA, THE Mint Sprinkles herself made me this recipe and it was delish ! Try it out, thanks Ali! :)