Hell, yes those are pomegranates in your guac! Surrrrprrrriiiise! Bet you never thought I would do a wild and crazy thing like put fruit in a tried and true party dip, but I also got a tattoo as a teen so you never know WHAT I’m gonna shock you with next! While significantly less permanent, pomegranates are a reckless and unexpected way to say “I DON’T CARE WHAT YOU THINK, I CAN DO WHAT I WANNA!” If you want your taste buds to be all “what the what!?” (and I think you do), then this fresh take on classic guacamole is for you. The recipe below makes enough for 2-3 people (a girl can only eat so much avocado in one sitting) but you can double it up for a group hang.
– 2 ripe avocados
– 1/2 pomegranate, seeded
– 1 large clove garlic
– handful of chopped cilantro
– 1/4 red onion, diced
– juice of 1 lime
– 1 small jalapeño, finely chopped
– coarse salt and black pepper to taste
– crush and mush the avocados in a large bowl
– once you’ve reached your desired guac consistency, add the rest of the ingredients
– mix ’em up until they are well combined
– transfer to a summery serving bowl along with a side of your favourite corn chips and enjoy!
THIS is the best idea! Defs making this.
Pingback: 10 Winning Super Bowl Recipes | Mint Sprinkles