I am on a constant hunt for a really great side dish. One that compliments an entree perfectly, provides some good nutrition, and hasn’t been done to death. I can always find recipes for creative salads, or 100 ways to cook chicken, but I find an exciting side dish a truly elusive meal time element. When I came across this recipe for crispy edamame, I was instantly intrigued. It was originally intended to serve a group, so I’ve modified it here for two.
– 1/2 bag frozen edamame
– 1/8 cup grated parmesan cheese
– 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
– pinch salt & pepper
– Place edamame in a colander and run under cold water for a few minutes to thaw.
– Transfer the edamame to an 8″ x 8″ baking dish and drizzle with oil.
– Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, add salt and pepper to taste.
– Bake in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes, or until crispy.
– You may want to finish it up under the broiler for the last couple of minutes for extra crispiness!